Sunday, January 27, 2008

SL Meeting & Exploration

We saw a lot of stuff today in SL; certainly more than we could see in the real world in 2 hours. I'd like to go back to some of our stops and do some more exploring. I thought the Sistine Chapel was cool and if anything peaked my desire to see the real thing some day. I did some business travel in Europe 10-15 years ago and maanged to squeeze in a few tourist moments, but would really like to go back some day. I saw Notre Dame in France and was quite touched by the experience, so I'm very intriqued by the Sistine chapel.

When we were in the aquarium I clicked on a green shape that displayed a director's chair when I hovered over it. I thought it was going to give me a chair to sit in but instead it teleported me to another location that I think was still related to the aquarium. I couldn't figure out how to get back - I tried another green shape and went to another, similar place, then accepted Oyama's teleport offer and rejoined the class. I'd like to go back and check out those locations sometime.

The other thing I'd like to go back and check out is the planet Mercury. When we were in outer space after the rocket ride I noticed something about visiting Mercury. There's definitely a lot of educational potential with the sciences based on the sites we saw today.

Looking forward to more SL exploration.

No comments: